In today’s busy and fast paced lifestyle, we often rely on the expertise of others to assist us make those big decisions that have long term effects. If you are in the market to buy or sell your property in Mississauga, an Real Estate Agent or Realtor is often the first step to seeing this done.
However, finding an Real Estate Agent (Realtor) in Mississauga who can get the job done for you is often easier said than done. Here are a few tips that can help you decide on choosing the right Realtor.
- Meet the Real Estate Agent in their working environment, not their office. Good agents spend little time at their desks.
- Find out how long the Real Estate Agent has been working in the field and what their success rate is like. You will want an agent who has experience closing deals and is willing to go the extra mile for your needs.
- Speak to friends or family who might be able to recommend an Real Estate Agent (Realtor) in your area, like Mississauga, that they had a positive experience with. It is one way to get a good reference on someone who will be working for you.
- Make sure your agent is tech savvy. Most business these days is conducted online and the same can be said for listings. You will want an agent who is accustomed to having an online presence, being available to buyers and sellers alike.
- Look for signs that the Real Estate Agent is busy. A real proactive agent will have to make time for you but don’t get side railed to an assistant. A good agent will make time for you no matter their busy schedule.
- Your Mississauga Realtor (Real Estate Agent) must be confident and knowledgeable. They should be able to answer all your questions, they should have the answers, it’s their livelihood after all. They should also be able to confidently use this knowledge to your advantage, especially when closing deals.
- Look into the Real Estate Agent. How respected are they? A good agent will need to network and work cooperatively with other agents if you expect them to be able to close the deal on your dream home.
Above all else, you need to be comfortable working with your Mississauga agent (Realtor). This new relationship will most likely be a long lasting one so be sure that your agent works best for you.
What is Real Estate?
Real estate can be defined as land and the structures build on it including all the natural resources on that piece of land. These resources may include minerals, water or any other immovable natural object. The real estate business is the buying, selling and renting of these land properties.
Who is a Real Estate Agent?
A real estate agent is a person who represents an owner of a real estate and deals with buyers on the behalf of the seller of a property. The real estate agent is also termed as a real estate broker (if licensed). He or she is a person and or an agency that attempts to find suitable buyers for a property and then help negotiate a deal between buyers and sellers. There are various differences in the laws of many countries regarding the legal status of real estate agents and their services.
How is Real Estate Business performed?
In developed countries, real estate agents help sellers by evaluating the possible selling price of their properties and then finding buyers who are willing to pay these prices. They usually take payments from both sides of the equation of a property deal. An agent usually works for both the seller and buyer side of the deal and takes payments from both parties in case of a successful sale. Some common business can be summarized as following:
- A broker or salesperson (Real Estate Agent or Realtor) providing
services to both parties is called a dual broker and it is a very common market practice in real estate business.
- Usually at the start of a deal, the real estate agent represents the owner of the real estate.
- As potential buyers appear, a broker or salesperson (Real Estate Agent or Realtor) may offer to help them negotiate a best price solution. This is known as undisclosed dual agency. It is illegal in most countries.
- However, a broker or salesperson (Real Estate Agent or Realtor) can help a buyer if he or she clearly discloses his agency as both as a client and a customer.
In many countries, such a broker is required to have a signed agreement from both parties to work dual agency. Otherwise, the broker’s practicing license can be cancelled by the government authorities. Although real estate brokers or salespersons (Real Estate Agents or Realtors) require a license in most of the world, lawyers are also permitted in some states to handle real estate sale agreements.
What is a Flat Fee in Real Estate Business?
A flat fee is a fixed amount of payment usually charged against a limited set of services. It is a linear payment taken against a provided work or service. In real estate, it refers to the practice of charging a fixed fee in return of limited mentioned and agreed services. A flat fee is usually paid at the time of service agreement between an agent and a property owner.
What is Flat Fee Listing?
Flat fee service providers usually list properties in the MLS listing. They also allow the seller to advertise using the real estate broker’s contact information. This is known as an FSBO or a For Sale By Owner advertisement. There is some confusion among properties listed both in MLS and in advertisements as FSBO. This multiple hosting of property helps find potential buyers at a quicker pace. An advantage of flat fee is also that if a seller finds a buyer by himself, he or she is not entitled to offer the broker a commission on the sale of the property. Flat fee service providers offer many packages for the number of services. If you just want to list your property using a broker or a salesperson (Real Estate Agent or Realtor), they can charge very minimal fixed fee. This costs the seller much less than the commission he would have had to pay for a successful sale. Sellers can also easily change brokers when selecting specific flat fee services. A flat fee subscriber can gain many benefits in the MLS listing rules.
Why are Flat Fee Services getting popular?
A question arises that if there is less money as a flat fee then why is this mode of business getting popular among real estate agents. In recent years, it became difficult to sale your house due to crumpled economic situation and intense competition. Some of the advantages of Flat Fee services are:
- Flat fee contracts help sellers save some money so that they can offer a very competitive price for their property thus gaining a slight edge over the stiff competition.
- It has been found through research that when completing a deal from listing a property to a successful sale of it to a buyer takes a long time. This long time drains the resources of real estate brokers and they also
- have to fund their own activities as they get a commission only when the property is successfully sold.
- The Flat Fee services also provide them a quick and efficient way of ensuring a profit from a real estate property.
- A flat fee service also puts less emphasis on them and much of the important decisions are the sole discretion of the property owner. This situation offers them a much better return of profit over the amount of spent resources for a deal.
- These flat fee solutions are providing a good alternative method in real estate business for all parties.
Flat Fee MLS
Are you thinking of selling your Mississauga houser or condo and don’t want to pay any commission? Instead wish to pay a small flat fee for listing your property and let the Real Estate agent (Realtor) take care of everything for you? It is now possible with my Mississauga Flat Fee MLS Listing with full representation. Which mean I’ll do all the work for you for a small flat fee instead of commission. Usually my Mississauga flat fee MLS listing is lower than the commission I charge. The reason behind it is that I can use the upfront cash flow to do more marketing and get more customer. The Mississauga flat fee MLS package offers same representation like you would hire any Realtor who charges a commission but instead of
commission you just pay Flat fee for listing your Mississauga property.
Just pay one time Flat MLS listing fee in Mississauga and do not pay any commission to listing realtor (salesperson/agent/broker) at all.
What do you charge for Mississauga Flat Fee MLS listing?
Until End of June 2015 I’ll can offer a full service Mississauga Flat Fee MLS listing for only $1,600.00 which includes everything from A-Z like professional picture of the subject
property, for sale sign, lockbox, MLS listing, Realtor.ca listing, booking, showing, open house, offer drafting, offer
negotiation and much more. Please call me today if you have any questions.
Mississauga Flat Fee Listing FAQs
What is a Flat Fee?
Flat fee is a term which is used to describe a linear rate in exchange for services. It is a type of pricing. It is the asking of a single fixed cost as payment to a service regardless of its complexity or particularity for a customer. A new word has also emerged for this term "flate". It is made from combining flat and rate together.
What is Flat Fee in Real Estate Brokerage?
Real estate business has been altered quite a lot by the economic situations of today and also by emergence of technology. People these days can easily contact and communicate with potential buyers of their real estate assets. Flat fee or rate is a fixed cost usually charged against listing a property for sale in appropriate places by a real estate agent, salesperson (Real Estate Agent or Realtor). A flat fee is paid at the time of agreement between real estate owner and broker. No further payments are then asked by the real estate agent as he or she provides an agreed set of services for this payment. A flat fee is never charged for a whole deal of selling a property.
A flat fee service may be better understood as a menu providing service. You can understand it by comparing a restaurant operation. You are asked to pay for what you ordered from the menu and nothing else. You chose from a list of services having a fixed price head. Different real estate agents are also offering very good packages for a multitude of services that are bundled together under a single flat fee. The flat fee services therefore cater custom solutions for customers as they can pick the set of services that they require so that they can save money by not having to give away all the work and pay for it when they could do it by themselves.
What is Flat Fee MLS Listing?
Flat Fee for MLS listing usually refers to an agreement between real estate agent and owner with regards to listing the property into marketing channels. A real estate broker salesperson (Real Estate Agent or Realtor) may also provide other services as mentioned and agreed upon in their contracts. The brokerage industry refers to a broker providing these services as a limited service provider. However, this definition does not give a complete indication of the work of a broker working for a flat fee. As a limited service would refer to only the providence of a fixed service and nothing else; however most of the flat fee contracts between real estate agents and owners are very dynamic in nature. These contracts seldom provide limited or fixed services. Rather, they provide a custom solution with freedom as agreed mutually by a seller and a broker.
The Federal services in most of the world refer to such business models as Fee for Service structures. There is no current standard for sorting out these services in the industry and most of the industry terms used in real estate business have very loose definitions.
There are many services that are running under the banner of Flat Fee model. In the real estate market, multiple programs are offered. Some common advantages of these programs are:
- he common goal of all these programs is to provide only the needed service to customers.
- These services ensure that they save money while selling their properties. This is the most important aim of these nontraditional service offers; to save the cost of selling real estate properties.
- Some brokers are also offering complete packages for selling properties but are not working on commission.
- They are charging a fixed fee for the complete selling of properties.
- This informs us that perhaps the definition that flat fee offers are for limited services is not correct.
- It informs us that the scope of charging a fixed fee for services has a much wider potential and appeal. Brokers would not run services and packages unless there was a demand for it.
Why is there confusion regarding definition of Flat Fee Services?
Unless the real estate industry or concerned government bodies do not form a standard mode and definition of terms, there will always be confusion among both real estate agents and property owners with reference to terminology. However, the important point is that a real estate owner must always clearly know what services he or she is getting for his fixed amount of payment. As long as there are willing parties of owners and brokers agreeing to these fixed fee services, they will outshine the old commission based models for selling properties.
What are the problems associated with Flat Fee Services?
There are also potential problems associated with fixed fee services. A broker working on a fixed fee model will not help out during other activities of the sale. This may require the property owner to hire a negotiator or a lawyer to complete the deal costing extra money to the owner. This model therefore is not suited to first time property sellers and buyers who have no idea of working of a real estate deal. Flat fee services are also not suitable for long distance transactions where the owner cannot do a physical meeting with potential buyers and such. Tax advice is also much required during this time of buying and selling properties as complex taxation laws are required and lawyers may have to be hired if an owner uses limited flat fee services.
More Articles about Flat Fee MLS Listing Mississauga